Very Minor Website nit

Just noticed a small typo in the Forum heading descriptions under Enhhancements:

new WLED feautures or the

We all know what you intended

1 Like

That’s not a typo. Those are features that are planning for in the future. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Fixed!

Hurray! the future has arrived…

Thanks again for all the work on this project.
From my humble POV it’s been a perfect collection of a whole bunch of LED control pieces & ideas I have been trying to cobble together on my own.
When I found your project, I just chucked most of my stuff and started playing with your toys instead :sunglasses: :+1:

Yep. Same for me. WLED should be subtitled “GitHub graveyard. Where all the other LED projects die.”

Hmm, that has a lot of truth. However, github just had new life for a different open source LED project by an ex-Microsoft software engineer, he named it NightDriver and released it as open source for non-commercial use.

I think it is an extreme version of what some people would like WLED to become. Just my opinion.

I am not suggesting people switch to that software and hardware system. Just that they be aware it exists and decide it it would help them solve any specific problems WLED does not currently address.

Just had a look at NightDriver, looks really cool and compiles out of the box.
A lot more aimed at devs though than WLED already is, but I’m excited to see where it goes!

Yea it’s a different target end-user in its current state of development. I don’t know how many people would want to mix and match WLED and ND around the house. Having beat detection and sound reaction options work autonomously like WLED/SR might be ok indoors. But for a light show, having it all coordinated with a server of sorts made sense.

Totally agree!
My main goal with WLED is for it to be nicely usable standalone.

You can make the most epic light shows with a very basic software already. Basically E1.31 in, WS2812B out is enough, everything calculated by LedFX or xLights.