Wipe & sweep ceiling LEDs strip light

Hello, I would like someone to help me creating a mod that allows me to use wipe and sweep to turn on the ceiling lights in my house.
When activating a switch on the wall, the lights turn on with the wipe or sweep effect and stay on and when I turn off the switch on the wall, the lights turn off with the same effect but inverted. I was traying with stairs mods but it is not what I want. Thank you for your time to help me. In this video I show exactly what I want to achieve with WLED.

1 Like

The general technique:

For “ON” create a playlist using 2 presets that 1st applies the Wipe (or perhaps Sweep) effect to go from Black to the colour you want and then a 2nd preset that simply “holds” that colour. The Wipe effect can be set to use the “Colour 1” Palette to go from colour #2 to colour #1. You set the intensity and time of the effect to match what you want to see and the time for the playlist to a minimum needed for the effect to play out.

For “OFF” create a playlist using 2 presets that 1st applies the Wipe (or perhaps Sweep) effect to go from the “On” colour back to Black, again using a 2nd all black preset. The Wipe effect is used again with the pallete colours reversed. You set the intensity and time of the effect to match what you want to see and the time for the playlist to a minimum needed for the effect to play out.

You can try these effects out using the “Peek” feature on a small scale test version before you connect to the main strips.

1 Like

I will configure and I led you know. Thank you.

Nope, your solution don’t work for my project. Please see the video, that is what I need and it is imposible with playlist. Thanks for your help.

As I showed you the video in discord for the first part of the question Discord , to do that i did this :

A) create a wipe preset and make sure to add (“tb”:0) so the effect will start correctly
B) Create a preset with solid color to match the end of your wipe
C) Create a playlist and add the wipe preset , set the repeat to 1 and End preset to solid preset
You may need to adjust the timing a bit to match the number of leds
wipe.txt (598 Bytes)

The second part of you question did not be work correctly if you select revers in segments . My guess it could be done with ledmaps but I have no time to test that . Good Luck

2 Likes

I was able to get the “off” effect by choosing the “Reverse direction” option for the segment and swap the Foreground and Background colours for the effect.

Works well for both Sweep and Wipe effects.
With an ESP8266 I get about .3s for 150 LED’s which looks reasonable to me, I’m sure an ESP32 would do better yet.

As an added bonus, if you turn on “Mirror effect” for the segment you’ll get both ends working on/off to the middle. Should look very good for the OP.

1 Like

show him the video

First of all, thanks for the help. You guys are amazing. In the video I show you the result of your configuration. there is a flicker when I run the shutdown playlist. Is there anything you can think of to avoid it? For now it works for me, it doesn’t do the same as the video because turning it off or on in the middle of the effect restarts it, but I can wait for a developer to accept a payment to implement it in WLED. If you know anyone, write me privately and we’ll arrange the payment.
ALDIY, please, you can write me privately on Discord.
Thanks

I think it is very close and might be you can open the gui while the shutdown playlist is activated to see why it flickers as I haven’t tested the 2nd part for the shutdown . And please to stop talking about money because I am not trying to help to get paid

I suspect the flicker issue may be in scenarios where you change the switch position before a cycle (on or off) has completed. The playlists will always start the effect from full on or full off (if you’re using “tb”:0) so it won’t let turn halfway on and then turn off from that point.

Hi,

I’m trying to achive the same thing and also get flickering between the all on and sweeping all leds to off.

Did you solve your config ?

Same problem here, has anyone found a solution for the flickering? :v:

My playlist did run fine on 13.3 soundreactive, but had some weird flickering issues after updating to 14 main branch.
A few moments ago I did downgrade to 13.3 again and it works perfectly fine again. worth giving it a try

It’s the exactly the setup i wanted. I managed to make a playlist for the load efect, but i dont get the unload to make it.
Can you give me more details on the unload paylist? and screenshot?