Wled sk6812 power supply freezes Led

Hello everyone who reads answer the problems! I’m new to the site, I have a power problem for esp32, wled installed on it. Led strip sk6812 5v 300led-pixel. It only works for me when connected with a 5v usb (1m led)cable to esp32 (I can change colors work fine) and when I connect an additional power supply DC5v 5a (when the tape is connected it has 5.70V) The LED light strip freezes and does not react, I change the color and there is no progress when I turn it off, it remains to work on 5v usb on the esp 32 board, the power supply works normally again. I tried to put another version of wled install on esp32 but it doesn’t help. I tried everything, grounding, capacitor and nothing helps Also in the app wled I set the maximum power supply for Led and nothing reacts, is there anyone who has solved the problem.Thanks

Talk me through what you’ve done here, I suspect this is your problem. You can only use 1 power supply per circuit. In order to use multiple power supplies, the +5V connections must be kept separate for each power supply, and the Ground connections must all be tied together. It sounds like you’ve just connected 2 supplies to 1 strip instead.

Your 5A supply should be sufficient to drive the 300 pixels alone. Try just using that, making sure that you’re powering the LEDs directly from the supply and NOT from the 5V pin of your esp. Set the “Automatic Brightness Limiter” to 5A to prevent overloading your supply and you should be good to go!

That’s awfully high for a 5V supply!
Either get another supply or tune that one down to 5.3V or less!
You’re going to destroy some parts at those voltage levels.

And yes, 0.5V too high is enough to destroy some electronics.

I have only one power supply and one LED strip, all grounding is connected together, my limiter is already set to 5A. With esp32 the tape does not get power but from another larger source 5A. And best of all when it is at the source + 5V from esp32 then it works but there is no power. Sad but I tried what you said but I can’t run it on a higher power supply :frowning: With the length of the LED strip the current drops. So in the end I have + 5.2V

Make sure you are applying data to the correct side of the strip - There should be small arrows printed on the silkscreen. These arrows indicate the direction data must flow.

It sounds like you can get it to work sometimes? Can you describe a little more clearly when it does and does not work?

The LED strip is correct and works well. I have the same 1m (60Led) connected to USB and it works properly! Even when I connect the power supply via ESP32 LED strip works but there is no power for 300 pixels, so I add additional power and when I turn it on ESP32 blocks and does not work anymore, only the previous color that was before turns on

That resistor is much too big (looks like the last band may be red). Try without.

That image looks like you don’t have control of the entire strip. Can you share a screencap of your LED settings?

Otherwise, +1 for tonyno’s suggestion. 4.7KΩ is a little high, try 330Ω.