WT32-ETH01 custom PCB

Hi all. This is my post here. I also posted over on Discord, but I’m not 100% sure how that platform works. Anyway… I am also new to pixel lighting. I have done a LOR type Christmas display for 17 years. I am venturing into pixel display now that pricing is getting reasonable. I plan to do permanent roofline/soffit pixels. While googling control integration with FPP I ran across WLED. Since I would never trust my wifi to carry this load, I chose the WT32-ETH01 and ordered a handful. They have not arrived yet, but I am researching and planning ahead. I didn’t want to rely on breadboard for a permanent install and since I’m no stranger to PCB design I whipped up a PCB for my needs. I eventually have noticed that there are several other PCBs out there, but none like what I had designed. Before I order a round of these, I thought I would ask for opinions on design and implementation. Remember that I don’t even have the hardware yet. None of this is tested.

1 Like

another pic (forum will not let me post more than one image per post)

Since I posted this earlier, I have replaced the 1A 7805 for a 1.5A version. Should handle the demand better… and stay cooler.

1 Like

Hey,
Looks very descent!
Whats about sound input, is there not enough free pins on WT32-ETH01?

Thanks
Domas Zelionis

1 Like

Sound input doesn’t fit my use case so I didn’t design for it. There are several pins that dedicated for input that could be used I suppose.

CW

i see, in any case, well done and thanks for sharing it, i may try to use that in my future projects…
Best Regards,
DZ

1 Like

This is great! How would I go about ordering this board? I just spent a few hours learning to design my own boards. Except for the 12volt circuit, this was my exact design, even the pins for programming.

1 Like

It’s cool that you appreciate the design enough to want to buy it, but I don’t really have any intensions on selling these. I have been advised by another on discord that this design most likely will not handle the amount of current that I have labeled on the board. I plan to test thoroughly when I get the first round of boards in-hand. I just feel like there would be too much liability involved for me to try to sell this kind of product. I would be willing to share files if you would like to build your own. Lastly, after some thought, I have changed the 5V linear regulator to a buck converter module due to heat concerns. I will test the linear regulator before I give up on it. Besides, parts are already on the way!

edit: I changed the IO pins based on suggestions from another on discord. Also, some good info here -GitHub - egnor/wt32-eth01: Bits and bobs related to Wireless-Tag's WT32-ETH01 board