Are presets supposed to work with UDP Sync?

This is my first time trying to use UDP Sync, I have 6 controllers (a mix of wifi and ethernet) on the latest 14.0 beta build. I set them all to the same Sync group and turned on the Sync button from my “main” controller. When I change effects or colors all of the controllers change as expected, my issue comes when I select a preset on the main controller nothing else changes.

If I set the UDP packet resend to 2 or 3 sometimes I can get the remote controllers to change with a preset selection one time but then never again, picking an effect changes all of the controllers again without a problem.

The documentation isn’t real clear on if I should be expecting this to work or not, I would assume it should pass the effect and color changes on but maybe my assumptions are wrong.

presets do not sync.
effects and their settings do

1 Like

Right I’m not expecting the presets to copy over however if I select a preset on the main controller I should expect the colors and effects to be selected on the synced controllers?

If so that’s not happening for me. Works fine if I pick an effect or color on my own which is what I don’t understand

check if you have correct settings enabled

I’m not sure what else I can do differently

Here’s a video example of the behavior I’m getting. Picking effects/colors works 100% of the time to sync to other controllers. Picking a preset only changes the main controller but picking an effect afterwards changes them all again. This makes me think there’s a bug of some kind where it’s not transmitting the effect/color when a preset is selected vs a setup issue.

WLED Sync - YouTube

I am seeing something similar with 0.13.2, but with playlist, not selecting presets.
selecting presets works correctly.
are you using 0.14 or earlier version?

@SK360 Unless I’m missing something, UDP syncing preset JSON info of the sender works like a champ for me with v0.13.1. I use it for the sound reactive architecture described here.

Hope this helps!
Gbd

14.0 build 2211300 on everything.

Noticing some more interesting behavior, if I enable just my WiFi controllers to be in a sync group syncing effects and colors from a preset seems to work just fine. However my ethernet controllers will sync effects picked manually, colors picked manually but not presets.

Here is a video of my Wifi controllers syncing… Presets seem to apply correctly about 75% of the time
Wifi Controllers - YouTube

Here is my ethernet controllers, as you can see picking effects works fine across both however picking a preset worked the first time but then never again. Effects works 100% of the time though.
Ethernet Controllers - YouTube

I really don’t know how to make sense of it, I find it hard to blame a networking issue when effects and colors sync 100% of the time on ethernet or wifi and it’s just the preset recall that breaks on ethernet

I can confirm a bug in UDP sync.
The fix will be available shortly.

2 Likes

Thank you! I see the commit, will rebuild tomorrow and test again

I can confirm on 2212050 everything is working as expected now! Thank you for looking into it!

2 Likes