Preset to control multiple WLED instances via http

Hey all, total newb to WLED here! I am trying to create a “master off” preset on a WLED instance that would turn off other instances as well. I understand the HTTP call function to set other instances via IP, I just can’t figure out how the syntax to do it in a preset. Basically, I want to put “WLED2_IP/win&T=0” in a preset on WLED1. Seems like something I’m just being dumb on, but couldn’t find a solution anywhere. Is specifying an IP address in an http call possible within a preset? Or, I’m open to other suggestions!

I’m installing multiple WLED controllers in a guest bedroom and want to provide a physical button near the bed that is wired to one WLED controller and will turn off all WLED controllers in the room, for tech-illiterate guests.

Sync does that.

For the life of me, I can’t get sync to work at all. UDP & Second ports are the same on both WLED instances, and both are set to send and receive on sync group 1. Both are set to receive all 3 brightness, color, and effects. Any pro tips?

They are on the same network?

Correct, same network

UDP is unreliable and if ESP WiFi reception is not excellent it may never get a UDP packet.
Try setting “send packet twice”.

Still no dice. I doubt WiFi reception is a problem, I have really good coverage in my place with a Unifi UAP Nano HD. I’m beginning to wonder what the chances are of the Unifi network management blocking some necessary traffic?

look for and disable client isolation in your unifi settings

I am looking for the same. IMO sync is something different. With sync active, the master WLED controller makes all other WLED instances in the same network do the same as the master. This is great, works as expected and should fulfill @Knissone “all LEDs off” purpose already.

I’m looking for a solution to trigger different predefined presets of multiple WLED instances using one WLED master controller. It would be really nice to setup presets on a master controller that triggers different presets on the other controllers in the network. So something like @Knissone said

Master Preset N = API Calls: “WLED_IP1/win&PL=7;WLED_IP2/win&PL=4;”

including the current local state of the master. If presets were able to control multiple WLED instances via HTTP a kind of light scene sync could be realized. With playlists on master, light scene switches could be automated as well :star_struck: Actually with sync button enabled on master, every WLED instance does the same. This gets some kind of boring when multiple different WLED lights are installed together. Same effects sync may not work on different LED pixel shapes.

Of cause this is already possible with different external software and WLED interfaces (f.e. IFTTT, DMX, …). But it would be nice to handle it via WLED master, so no additional software/computer is required.

@blazoncek do you think this is something doable? I think it should not need much code to implement and adds another sync feature to WLED. Maybe an additional checkbox in the presets, when enabled, trigger all defined WLED API calls … ?

No. At least not officially.
Preset syncing is out of the question as it was already discussed in length. It will not happen.
You can use external controller (like home automation) that will do it better.

I might be on another planet but cant you do that already if used DDP and created a segment for each light then did everything else you listed .

It is not the same.
Preset content may be different but ID the same.

With external software I already know how to do so. Would be nice to have a WLED internal solution. But if it’s not on the road map and already discussed in detail, that’s okay. Just wanted to know if there is such a feature within WLED already. Thanks for your quick response …