Start Preset for several controllers

Hey,
I have several controllers running for WLED and would like to start preset 1 on all of them at once. Currently you can only pass the preset and run it in parallel on all of them.
But I would like to control the presets of the others from the “master”.

Is there a way to do this?

Click the Sync button on the master, that’ll then send its state to others, so if you select preset 1 on it all the others will follow, don’t even need the presets configured on them.

That’s not what I meant.
I mean if I have saved different preset 1s on all controllers, but want to start them all at the same time. So the effect should not be transferred but the number of the preset should be controlled.

Hey,

Just to understand your requirement here, you are saying, there are several WLED - Controllers in your project, each controller has it’s own boot time preset so when you power these controllers they should start with its own boot preset then say after few seconds they should all get sync and should be controlled in sync as per master controller!!

Praveen

I have several controllers. These are started quite quickly and the default preset is running.
Now I have saved several different presets and playlists on all the controllers.
Now I would like to have a button that transfers the preset or playlist number from a controller (master) and not the individual effect.

This would allow me to start the playlists “approximately” the same way without having to access each controller individually.

Have you tried hitting the Sync button on one then playing a preset?

Okay, this can be done…
Let say there are 5 controllers, out of which lets assume to make any one of the controller as ‘Master’ then rest will act as ‘slave’ controller even though when you boot controllers they will run their own boot preset first bz boot time may vary for each controller.

Step 1: if you want any particular effect to run on each controller then choose that effect to create a preset and then in “LED Preference” settings add that Preset ID to the Boot time preset.

Step 2: assuming all controller are running within same WiFi range, turn on “Sync” on all controller (placed on top of WLED interface) and make any one controller as master and create all the presets that you want. Configure button and assign it to the function you need to switch or select preset from “Macro” or “LED Preference” section of Settings or

You can also control each controller to act as a segment of any effect by mapping them as segment. If you’re using controllers as segment for master controller then I would suggest to use ESP32 only (all controller) for smooth operation.

Thanks
Praveen