Big string of pixels

Hello everyone, I’m new to WLED and need info about a future setup.
I will have a big string of 1900 pixels basically split in the middle into two strings of 850 pixels.
The power is sorted but the question is will only two data pins on the ESP32 ( 850 ) on each work for this project??
If not could someone explain the right way that it should be done !
Thanks to all for replies

For best performance, LEDs per GPIO should be ~500 or less. You may be okay with the performance hit, thought.

Thanks for the reply !
So I would need four pins to work perfectly.
My layout would be in seven strips in all.
Maybe one pin each strip would be better if the ESP32 will support it.
Each strip will be 5m 60led/m making 35 meters in total.

I’d probably stick with 2, possibly 3, pins for this unless you need over 40fps for some reason. Your bigger concern should be getting the data signal over those distances. Unless your controller is sitting in the middle and you’ve got a string running in both directions, you are going to need a level shifter to boost the signal. See our knowledge base if you are not familiar with the concept. Long Data lines - WLED Project

That wasn’t the article I wanted to point to. There’s a bit about level shifters on the getting started page. Getting Started - WLED Project

Thanks for your replies, I have calculated my exact distances so exactly is 1848 led in total.
ESP32 will be exactly four meters away from the first Led.
So if I use four pins for data ?
First pin 528 led
Second pin 528 led
Third pin 528 led
and last pin 264 led
With a level shifter on each data line ?
I am just worried now about the fact that the last pin has less led
Or would it be better with only two pins and two level shifters ?
I need to get this right as all wiring will be underfloor so cannot be changed later !
Thanks for any replies !

A 4m data line with level shifter may or may not work, depending on; the wire, pixels, and noise environment. There is no clear cut yes it will work or no it won’t. It may work and it may also need a data booster (null pixel) 1/2 way to the first LED. Your best chance of it working would be to run the data line separate from the power wires.

The number of LEDs on a pin only matter because of the time it takes to write the data. If you set up a single segment, it will treat it the same as if they were all on the same pin.