Can the ESP32 with WLED multitask?

High everyone, I’m working on a little project to make a bicycle more visible at night or on dark days. The idea is to have a more visible taillight, brake light and turn signals. I use an ESP32 with WLED for this. So far everything is working, but the collaboration of strips/actions is not working. By which I mean that when you turn on the turn signal, the rear lighting/brake light goes out and therefore does not remain on at the same time. It comes back on when the turn signal is turned off. The intention is, for example, when you are waiting at the traffic light, and when you use a turn signal, the backlight or the brake light remains on. Is this possible with just 1 ESP32? The project is divided in 3 strips (2 indicators and 1 tail/brakelight), each on a separate pin. Can someone maybe help? because I’m stuck with it… Thanks in advance!

You probably need to look at your presets for each of the segments that control Turn,Brake, and Tail lights.
Depending on how you save/setup each preset, they may turn off all other segments.
You can probably get closer to what you need if check only the segments you need to change and use the “Save only checked segments” option in the preset save.

Additionally, you’ll get a bunch more info if you go back to a saved preset and look through the JSON API info. You can see where it “0’s” all other segments if you don’t use the “only checked” option.

Thank you divsys, that is very usefull information!
I will look in to that! Thanks

{“on”:true,“bri”:255,“transition”:0,“mainseg”:0,“seg”:[{“id”:0,“start”:219,“stop”:222,“grp”:1,“spc”:0,“of”:0,“on”:true,“frz”:false,“bri”:255,“cct”:127,“set”:0,“col”:[[255,128,0],[0,0,0],[255,0,0]],“fx”:13,“sx”:219,“ix”:96,“pal”:0,“c1”:128,“c2”:128,“c3”:16,“sel”:true,“rev”:false,“mi”:false,“o1”:false,“o2”:false,“o3”:false,“si”:0,“m12”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0}]}

this is what i see in file. Can you tell me what i need to change?

All those

entries are turning off other segments.

Try saving a new preset with “only Checked Segments” (and only check 1 segment) and see how the API differs.

{“on”:true,“bri”:255,“transition”:0,“mainseg”:0,“seg”:[{“id”:0,“start”:219,“stop”:222,“grp”:1,“spc”:0,“of”:0,“on”:true,“frz”:false,“bri”:255,“cct”:127,“set”:0,“col”:[[255,128,0],[0,0,0],[255,0,0]],“fx”:13,“sx”:219,“ix”:96,“pal”:0,“c1”:128,“c2”:128,“c3”:16,“sel”:true,“rev”:false,“mi”:false,“o1”:false,“o2”:false,“o3”:false,“si”:0,“m12”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0}]}

i get this then, changing the 0 to 1 2 or 3 does nothing. I’m totally new to this…

You should have 4 segments in all your presets.
What you do is only check the ones that change for “Brake”, “Rgt-turn”, “Lft-turn”, etc.

When you work this way, the segments will keep doing what they were last doing until you turn them off (or change them).

I suggest you start simple:
Create a preset with all 4 segments Off,
Create a preset with #1 On (only Seg1 checked)
Create a preset with #2 On (only Seg2 checked)
Create a preset with #3 On (only Seg3 checked)
Create a preset with #4 On (only Seg4 checked)

If you fire those presets in order, you should keep getting one more segment lit until they’re all on.

You can work forward from there.

nope, that dind’t work… shame, it sounded almost logic…

I have posted sample presets in another thread for similar purpose. Search them out.

thank you for your reply, do you maybe have a link to that please? I can’t find it, thanks in advance!

Thanks Blazoncek! thought i tried every word possible in my search, except turn signals duh…