Cannot access AP after upgrade to WLEDMM_0.14.0-b15.21_athom_music_esp32_4MB_M.bin

Hi,
I upgraded my Athom WLED ESP32 Music Addressable LED Strip Controller to WLEDMM_0.14.0-b15.21_athom_music_esp32_4MB_M.bin, and can no longer access the Access point.

Prior to the upgrade, the AP appeared as WLED_XXXXXX where XXXXXX was a hex value that I did not take note of. I could connect to that and use the WLED in AP mode as normal (I have used a few of these in the past).
After the upgrade, an AP shows up but instead of being called WLED_XXXXXX it is called ESP_699FDD
I can connect to it, and my computer is assigned IP address 4.3.2.2, with the default gateway being 4.3.2.1. So far so good.

However if I then try to browse to http://4.3.2.1 as i would normally, I get an error - see below.

It means I cannot get into the AP to flash a different bin, or change any configuration settings.

I tried to flash the same bin onto another Athom ESP32 and got exactly the same problem.

Any help resolving this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Simon

This site can’t be reached

4.3.2.1 refused to connect.
Try:

When I type ipconfig at the cmd prompt, I get this:

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::8702:c95d:1bc:ae95%18
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 4.3.2.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 4.3.2.1

I should say - I tried holding the button on the Athom controller down for >7 seconds.
I also tried power cycling 7 times with each cycle lasting a few seconds.

Neither of these caused the AP to go back to WLED_XXXXXX so I still cannot browse to the WLED interface.

I cannot identify GPIO on the board to short to GND so if this is the suggested solution, advice on how to identify the right pin would be great.

Thanks again.

It doesn’t work for me either, enter to your modem, look for the actual IP of your device and enter using that IP. For mine it is 192.168.X.XXX.

Unfortunately, teh IP of the WLED device is 4.3.2.1 as I have not yet been able to set it up with my local wifi so it is in Access Point mode.

Have you tried connecting it directly to your computer?
That should let you reflash it. You might need to power it up with the button held down though