Cant get Alexa to find WLED

Continuing the discussion from Deleted WLED from Alexa, can't get it back:

Just hit the same snag. WLED no longer being picked up by Alexa. Used to show up as Royal Phillips. Now nothing :frowning: Just wondering if others are experiencing this and if there is any solution. Using latest WLED V 0.14.0-b3 with ESP8266. Many thanks for any help and great software.

Was really happy with Alexa :worried: :worried: till Amazon decided to play around with things. A number of routines, sensors etc have stopped working recently although I changed nothing. Think it might be something to do with introduction of Matter/Thread etc.

On esp32 using latest i can see that working correctly and wled main light is seen by Alexa and also the presets i selected are showed as separate lights . If you could confirm with esp32 else i will also try on 8266

It is working out of the box on a new esp8266 which i just flashed with the nightly build from here WLED installation (wled-install.github.io) . might be clean up your old Alexa entries and add it again .

Hi ALDIY
Have cleared out the Alexa cache and the WLED cache on the mobile device. Also completely turned off the Alexa device and did a fresh search when it came back on for the WLED. Still no luck. Tried half a dozen times. Arghhhh . :slight_smile: The good thing to know is that its just my setup and not affecting everyone. So many thanks for confirming that. Will keep on trying and if I find a way to make it work will post. Used to be fine so not sure what changed.

O the wonders of home automation. :slight_smile:

Sorry ALDIY didn’t read your first post. Yes its a ESP32. Many thanks for your help and comments on this. I am a newbie to this so still a lot to learn.

Well. Managed to get it working again. Gave the lights a static IP address and did a couple of more device discovery and it found them. Maybe I didn’t notice it before but manged to find them. Many thanks for confirming it was still working. Gave me the confidence to keep trying. :slight_smile: :grinning:

Very good and yes like you i have setup all my wled and IoT devices to static IP on a dedicated router .Else you could lose track of them and all mess could be there

1 Like