Confused as to what setting to use on 20v Leds

HI Im having some issues I have these:
https://www.btf-lighting.com/collections/fcob-led-strip/products/fcob-rgb-ic-light-strip-ws2811-addressable-720-leds-dream-full-color-12mm-24v-high-density-flexible-fob-cob-ra90 20v Leds which apparently are addressable at each 5cm section (therefore 20 per/m) . They are directly powered off a 20v 400w 16.8 amp supply.
I have them driven (through just the data cable) by a standard ESP2866 powered independantly at 5v.
I’m testing a 2m strip initially set in WLED as follows: Leds 20 per metre, Max current 16700ma, Led voltage “custom” , per LED 50ma (default). Led outputs type: WS281x, GRB, GPIO2. Everthing else at default.
From this I get no control. Please advise what I am doing wrong as all works ok with a SP108E LED Wifi Magic Controller (non WLED).

Any advice… please

You say they are 20v, but the website says 24v. You also say you’re using a 20v power supply. Are you?

Is the power supply ground connected to one the ESP2866’s ground pins? They need to be.

Its my mistake, yes they are 24v (not 20v) and the problem was no ground. Thanks.

1 Like