Direct VS indirect lighting

I am planning on installing my let’s inside and under my roof eve’s so this will be indirect lighting. Has anyone done indirect lighting?

What is the actual question?

My question is does anyone have any opinions of the two options, and if anyone has a sample video of indirect lighting on a house?

All depends on effect desired and/or personal taste.

My opinion is start with indirect lighting unless you are trying to grow something. Then you want direct lighting of the proper color and intensity at the proper times of the day and through the cycle of the thing you trying to grow.

If you want ambient lighting, definitely indirect. If you are wanting lighting to be seen far away (like outside along eaves and windows and framing of the home), direct lighting is probably going to work best.

So, under the eaves, you want it pointing down or out depending on the effect and coloring of your home. You can gently staple a short strip section to long thin wood strips and ty-wrap them to the eaves to see what looks best in your setting. A meter or so of LED strip should be enough to find the right permanent layout. I want to say it will probably end up being direct lighting, but that’s simply statistics, not knowing anything about your eaves / coloring and lighting needs.