DMX Help!

Hi there,

I am looking at using a ESPixelStick V3, for DMX fixtures. I have about 100 dmx fixtures (each with 3 channels) and I want to understand how wiring/ the code will work. If anyone could reach out to me I would send you the fixtures and the board I would like to use. This project is for soffit lighting (similar to jelly fish) but to be able to use recessed can lights.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

If you are willing to use ESPixelStick from Forkineye, you’d better use the firmware provided with the ESPixelStick and not the WLED firmware…

Those are two different projects and each one uses its own firmware.
You’ll find useful informations on how tu use the ESPixel Stick on the Forkineye Github : GitHub - forkineye/ESPixelStick: Firmware for the ESPixelStick

If you want to use the DMX version of WLED on the ESPixelStick V3 hardware you would need to compile a version that sends the DMX data out on GPIO2.

There is a precompiled version here but it is configured to use the TX pin for DMX out.

For pixel output you can use the normal version of WLED on any of the ESPixelStick (V1,V2 or V3) hardware versions (though V1 & V2 are ESP-01 based and only have the 1 M flash).