Driver for 3 separate colour lines

Hello Im started a project with led panels.
and im stuck with a problem what I can’t solve.

i have a matrix panel 8x8 pixel and its need 3 data line one of each colour.
is there a way to make create a custom led file for it

kind regardz ,
Laurijn

Can you show that matrix link , i have got one with data and clock and used it with my own code , did not try with wled yet

the biggest problem is. that there is no information about this matrix display(at-333) or manufacture (honcai).
and I want to by pass the old controller what is not reliable.
im no try to make a schematic drawing from it.
I have try wled on the input of the display and get some work if I set the colour on white then the first 3 red led go on if I set it on red then the only the first one.
I need send from the esp 3 data lines where red green and blue is separating. maybe there is a hardware fix for it.

Okay if you have salvaged that from a commercial controller then most likely it will not work with wled or even with any open source .
Look for any chips you can see on the back of the matrix and once you do then search for a lib for that if you are lucky then you will find a library .Just fyi I have seen other guys who destroyed few of those trying to do the same but without any luck

This sort of sounds like one of the 16 pin P3/4/5/6 LED matrix panels used for sign boards. These use a pretty complex protocol (relative to the WS2811, at least) that is literally driving/doing the PWM in a row/column highspeed refresh setup which suspect is out of the range of what WLED could handle, even if it supported them.

That said, I suspect an ESP32 could be custom coded to drive one or a few, but it’s a lot of bitpushing at pretty high frequency (if my guess is correct). But you’d run out of horsepower pretty fast (compared to the WS2812 that handle the PWM stuff themselves).

Gerry

I do not think that the OP means hub75 panels which you are referring to .To use hub75 with wled:

1. Pixelvation GitHub - Pixelvation/Pixelvation.
  2. FPP on a pi ( or clone ) and something like colorlight card .
  3. Other generic cards that is cheap but not open source ( they are okay but apps are not that great ).
  4. To use without wled and DIY with only esp32 GitHub - mrfaptastic/ESP32-HUB75-MatrixPanel-DMA: An Adafruit GFX Compatible Library for the ESP32, ESP32-S2, ESP32-S3 to drive HUB75 LED matrix panels using DMA for high refresh rates. Supports panel chaining.

Ah - I knew the hub75 term, but was not able to recall it (until I saw it, of course). I’ve built a few fun projects with them and it was a shot in the dark that maybe it was what the OP was describing.

The Pixelvation is pretty darn nifty! Does seem a little round-about (using a LWED to drive a “fake” APA102 that is then converted into a hub75 panel driver), but if you want it, I think it’s pretty amazing someone did it!