ESP-WROOM-02: can't mount filesystem

Hi,
I’m trying to use WLED using the “ESP-WROOM-02” variant of ESP8266 (WeMOS X-8266 PCB). Flashing went ok, and I can control my WS2812s strip, but apparently it’s not capable of storing the configuration, as everything’s gone after a powercycle.
On top I receive quite some of those red-backgrounded error messages, one complaining on a json message the other saying that the filesystem can’t be mounted. I will try to supply shots of the error messages.
/To

Which bin file are you using?

WLED_0.11.1_ESP8266.bin

Apparently the ESP-WROOM-02 has 2MB embedded flash, not 4 external (as the NodeMCU), so I should probably go for the 1MB_full bin…

Also for the sake of future proofing I would advise switching over to 4Mb controllers for both ESP8266 and ESP32. Support is gradually being dropped for smaller memory controllers as WLED grows. The cost of these controllers are minimal, so it’s not worth missing out on new exciting features that are continually being added.

Ack… didn’t realize those were 2MB when I bought them… Took them from a pile when my son wanted to play with LEDs :wink: