ESP32-C3 Sound Reactive WLED: is it possible?

Hello everyone,
I would like to develop a new board, adding BLE functionality to WLED.
I saw that expressif has released new chip, like the ESP32-C3 that has Wi-Fi plus Bluetooth.
ESP32-C3-WROOM-02
I’m trying to figure out the right pinout connection. May you help me?
Thanks!

Not ready due to luck of libraries support.

1 Like

Ok, thanks.
could it be possible to use this module with the wi-fi connection only, than try to develop bluetooth?

By the way, I saw that also ESP32-WROOM-32E has BLE support, so I will definitively use this module for my project.
I am studying the pinout because I would like to connect the LEDs and the MIC to different PINs than those used in the LedBoxV2 project.

Is it possible to use different PINs for boot0 switch?
Is also possible to use PINs for MEMS microphone that are closer one to each other, to route them better?

Thanks!

Reset and boot mode switches can’t be reassigned.

The C3 has the advantage of having the same footprint as the 8266-12F. To me, that’s the big advantage of this chip over a regular esp32.

I installed one in a smart bulb, and installed tasmota firmware on it. It was extra work, but I was able to reuse the bulb, which had some other Broadcom chip that I couldn’t flash in it (which also shared the same footprint).

It will be interesting to see if HW manifacturers start using it. That would be the big push to get compatibility IMO.

Looks like recent updates made SR on C3 possible. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice! Did you just use [esp32c3] in platformio.ini as is, or did you have to make some additional config/edits too?

Am looking to get SR working on my QT PY ESP32-S2.

S2 is buggy as hell and the culprit is AsynWebServer or WiFi stack in combination with it (at least on my unit).
Otherwise works well including Audioreactive.

As for C3 I used espressif32@5.1.1 as platform instead of Tasmota.

[env:c3_devkitm_1]
platform = espressif32@5.1.1
framework = arduino
board = esp32-c3-devkitm-1
board_build.partitions = tools/WLED_ESP32_4MB_1MB_FS.csv
build_flags = ${common.build_flags} ${esp32c3.build_flags}
  -D WLED_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT=0
  -D LEDPIN=8
  -D BTNPIN=9
  -D RLYPIN=-1
  -D IRPIN=-1
  -D USERMOD_AUDIOREACTIVE
  -D AUDIOPIN=-1  # analog pin
  -D DMTYPE=1     # 0-analog/disabled, 1-I2S generic, 2-ES7243, 3-SPH0645, 4-I2S+mclk, 5-I2S PDM
  -D I2S_SDPIN=-1
  -D I2S_WSPIN=-1
  -D I2S_CKPIN=-1
  -D STATUSLED=20 # RX/serial
  -D WLED_DEBUG
  -UWLED_USE_MY_CONFIG
lib_deps = ${esp32c3.lib_deps}
  https://github.com/blazoncek/arduinoFFT.git  
1 Like