ESP8266 stops working after receiving E131

Hi WLED community!
First of all, my most sincerous congratulations to all the team behind this awesome piece of software. It’s amazing!

Let me explain my setup:
I have a total of 10 WLED instances placed 10 meters apart of eachother. 3 of them are running on ESP32 (350 leds on two pins), and the rest are running on ESP8266 (Wemos D1 mini, 212 leds on two pins).
All of them are conencted via Wi-Fi to a TL-WR841N router which doensn’t have internet access and thru ethernet I have a Raspberry Pi B+ running FPP which is sending E131 data at 40fps using unicast. The router is placed almost in the middle of all the ESPs and pretty much all of them receive more than 70% of signal.

Everything works as intended for the first hour, but then it slowly starts to lag and the whole network becomes unresponsive. That means I can’t connect my laptop or any other device to check what is happening, but the stream of E131 continues (although lagging a lot). Nevertheless, when everything works as intended none of the above happens.
Then, when the controllers have been receiving E131 data for around three to four hours, all of the ESP8266s completely stop working and so they no longer receive any data, I think they just simply can’t connect to the Wi-Fi anymore. However, all of the three ESP32 keep working this time without lagging.

Also, one thing to take into account is that whenever a controller disconnects or I reboot it AND there is E131 data being sent, the router stops working for a short moment which makes the rest of the controllers not to receive data.

The only solution I’ve found so far is to reboot the ESP8266s every now and then or changing the ESP8266s for ESP32.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

What version of WLED are you running?
I know the current V14.0 betas have a good raft of updates for performance.

Might be worth a shot.

I’m using the latest stable version of WLED 0.13.3.
Can I update to the beta version without loosing my configurations and macros?

Edit: Also, how stable is the beta version so that I can use it as a daily driver?

Should be fine but if there’s any worry, just save config and presets before you update.
Worst case if all went wrong, you’d have to reload the WiFi info.

I haven’t had any issues so far.

This seems to have solved the problem that I had on the 3 hour mark. Though not sure because I tried other things too.