Help installing WLED on XIAO ESP32C3

Hello.
I am very new to programming field. Have 0 knowledge. Bought this MCU for a macropad and realized it doesn’t have USB HID.
Then I came to know about WLED. But when I try to install it gives me error that ESP32C3 is not supported.
Is there any tutorial/ step by step guide to make it work?
I like this project and looking to put this MCU for good use than throwing in a bin.

Firmware for C3: https://github.com/srg74/WLED-wemos-shield/raw/master/resources/Firmware/%40Aircoookie/v0.14.0-b1/S2_S3_C3/WLED_0.14.0-b1_esp32c3.bin

Info: Install WLED Binary - WLED Project

The link is not working. I have a Seedstudio Xiao ESP32-C3, i´m having issues trying to install WLED on it.

1 Like

Yes, that’s old. Try here.

2 Likes

I tried if one of the versions fits my ESP32C3, unfortunately I get this message…
is there a hint?

greeting Normen

yes press download and do not do save as

1 Like

Hi all, I have tried with the latest one, but still getting errors: Invalid Header

… and when I check,I cannot see any AP.

Anyone with same experience please? (Confirming I am trying it on the C3 for now and not the S3)

Thank you
Dan

I was able to correct that behaviour by pushing the “BOOT” button as I was plugging in the board to the computer. I was then able to flash the XIAO ESP32C3 without any error. WLED is now running on it.

Thank you and hope it helps other too

1 Like

Perfect! Thanks so much.

Hey
I flashed my XIAO ESP32C3 but I cant connect to it because the access point doesn’t show up in my wifi settings. Am I doing something wrong?

Most likely.
C3 needs its own binary, bootloader and partition table.
Easiest approach is compiling and uploading using MS VSC + PIO.

Yeah , the way it worked is using below
esptool.exe -p COM10 erase_flash
esptool.exe -p COM10 write_flash 0x0 C3_bootloader.bin
esptool.exe -p COM10 write_flash 0x8000 C3_partitions.bin
esptool.exe -p COM10 write_flash 0x010000 6_may_lolin_c3_mini_T2.bin

The bins we tested with ,bootloader and partitions are linked here Discord .

Hi guys, after reading a lot of threads online, installing VScod with PlatformIO (build fails btw)
I have found that the best (simple) approach is to go WLED installation https://wled-install.github.io/
There you select the ESP32-C3 (4MB Flash, Lolin WiFiFix for some C3 mini V1.0.0)
And then Install it, that is all, works like a charm :slight_smile:

Yes that is a new change introduced only one week ago , it simplify flashing as it was a headache