How to add WLED to DiyHue?

Hi!

On Philips Hue - WLED Project, it says “With DiyHue you can emulate a hue bridge that will show all WLED strips as Hue Strip Plus which will work with Hue Sync in realtime.”

My question is: How can I add my WLED to DiyHue? I didn’t find any documentation, and there doesn’t seem to be an option to do that in DiyHue.

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum .

Did you go under Config-> Sync interfaces → Philips Hue . Then paired the DiyHue ?

I tried before with a physical hue bridge and I guess it is the same with DiyHue .

If you tried that and it did not work then clarify details of your setup and might be I can
replicate it

Edit:
Some good and bad news :
On the site you included it mentioned " This feature allows your WLED light to set it color to that of one of your Hue lights. It does NOT enable individual control of your WLED light from the hue app. "

Also there is a DiyHue forum and the guys there hinted that there was some of wled integration at some point, but I think is legacy

Cheers

Thanks for your quick response!

I tried setting up Phillips Hue under Sync Interfaces, but that’s only for matching an existing Hue light. DiyHue provides extra functionality by directly connecting to WLED.

Things got really weird now: I searched for lights in the Hue Essentials App again, and suddenly one of my WLED strips was found?! This strip seems to be fully functional, but I have no idea how to add the other strips which are all on the exact same board, with the exact same software version and configuration.

I found the posts about it being legacy as well, but this contradicts the up to date information on both WLED and DiyHue, as well as the fact that it was able to find one of them.

It is mentioned that the whole thing is unstable so as you have seen things can get wired .
Having said that I still think you should try more and i am sure you can figure it out . I want to also try that
so I will try DiyHue to replicate the same .

What Zigbee stick you are using and what pi model ,also are you having any Home Assistant host ? what wled versions you are using .Also any other info that you think might be useful if you are interested in tinkering with this

cheers

I installed DiyHue with Docker on my Windows 11 machine (connected via LAN). It’s configured as bridge mode and Docker is set to use MACVLAN mode. WLED is installed on ESP32’s with WS2812B strips, they have between 70-400 LEDs connected each. WLED version on all devices is 0.13.0-b6.

i will try on a Pi2 because i do not have windows 11 , are you using diyhue to control a lot of lights and which brands are those lights ?

I just discovered that the one that connected had Wi-Fi sleep disabled. I disabled it on the other devices as well and restarted everything multiple times. While very unreliable, I slowly got them to pair one by one!