Rgbcct

Hi,

Please ignore my ignorance on this, I’m new to wled and the different types of LED strips.

I’ve been looking into this project as an alternative to hue strips to complement my hue lights. It looks very good but the one thing I’m reading is that to get similar white colours that hue can offer I’d need strips with the warm and cold leds (RGBCCT), something like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32934275975.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.34354c4dxADDuj.

Correct me if I’m wrong but from what I’ve read thats not something wled supports. Is there any plan to support strips like this in the future?

These are supported now, but would just need to be compiled for them (WLED_USE_5CH_LEDS).

Oh right nice :slight_smile: . Thanks for you’re help, sorry I must have missed that in the docs

Hello,
I have smart lights with an integrated esp8266. They are 5 channel RGBcct using pins 15,05,12,14, and 04 (RGB CW WW). I uncommented WLED_USE_ANOLOG_LEDS, WLED_USE_H801, and WLED_USE_5CH_LEDS. I also changed GPIN to pin 05 UNDER #ifdef WLED_USE_H801. RGB works fine, and CW seems to work, I cannot however get WW to work at all. Any help would be appreciated, I am using WLED 0.10.1 (build 2007020). Update: all channels work when the light is set to max brightness but mixing across CW and WW seems to be broken. For example, if I tell Alexa to set it to daylight white (25% WW and 75% CW) it shows mostly WW with some RGB at a blueish white. Any possibility this can be fixed in code whites showing only on white LEDs and the ability to dim the white values?