Is it possible to configure a pause at some point of the effect?

Dear WLED community,

I wonder if it is possible to configure a pause/delay at a certain step of the effect? For example I would like the “Fade” effect to pause for 5 seconds after all LEDs reach the maximum brightness, and 10 seconds when all LEDs are off.

Thanks in advance!

I think you’ll have trouble making a single effect item do what you want by itself.
However if you build a playlist of multiple presets with the effects in the order you want, you should be able to make it work.

Thanks! I can imagine it is possible to “fade” in and then use the “sold” effect to create a pause, but how to fade out?

Try “Reverse direction” on the segment.

Cant you freeze an effect with “frz” or the aim is different

I think frz will stop an effect in progress, the difficulty comes in timing the freeze and then restarting.
It can be hard to manipulate and synchronize an effect’s progression when you don’t have access to the internal states.

I know many have had success with the playlist approach when doing “stair effects” for example.

That was not a question but the solution we tested , use {“seg”:{“frz”:true}} and {“seg”:{“frz”:false}} in your playlist and add the timing you like and it will work .Try it out