Is their a way to make an animation only play once?

So I asked a similar question a week or so ago about starting an animation from the beginning and was pleasantly surprised “tb”:0 starts an animation over.

Is their any sort of control over making an animation only happen once. For instance the wipe animation, is their a way to tell it to stop after it wipes 1 time, and does not keep looping? Time based does not have enough resolution to do exactly what I want.

OR is their a way to make a preset last any shorter then 200ms?

While it might not give you the precise control you’re looking for, I’ve used a playlist with the sweep and/or wipe effect to get “one cycle”.
Playlists have a duration you can set to 0.1s so that gives you a little better control.

The way I made the sweep effect look correct is adjust the timing of the effect and the duration in the playlist so that just one “sweep” has time to run and then jump to another preset with the end effect I want.
So to “Sweep on” I end with a fully on preset, and conversely a full off preset for “Sweep off”.
Don’t forget to include a “tb”:0 for the effect preset.

You need to play with the speed of the effect and duration depending on your LED strip length, but it works pretty well. Adding “Mirror” to the segment lets both ends work to/from the middle as well.

What effect/application are you trying?

Thanks for the reply.

The way you described was actually my exact approach, but because the effect speed only has 256 resolution and the playlist time only has 100ms resolution I can only get 1 wipe (4 leds short) or 4-6 LED’s long.

So I was hoping thier was some hidden feature to stop an animation after 1 loop.

The only other piece I can see you having control over is the “tb”: parameter.
I’m guessing that you might be able to piece together different presets that work from slightly later “times” (according to the timebase) in the effect?

I have no idea how smooth the transition between those presets would be.

How many LEDs are you working with and what effect(s) are you using?

Mainly wipe right now. 216 LED string

Use playlist with approach @divsys mentioned.