Issue running multiple ESP32 on same WiFi Network

I have two ESP32 connected to the same wifi network, working flawlessly. When i try to set up a third ESP32 on the same network the page just lags when i try to adjust any of the settings and i end up getting a page not reached error , can any one help me im a super newb when it comes to any of this stuff and honestly pretty surprised ive even got this far

(sorry i could only post one photo in my original post )

Setup static ip on your router for all your devices and reboot even your router to be sure .There is little info to tell otherwise if the issue is with that 3rd esp or with your network

having the same issues on multiple esp, seems the first two in the network are working fine but when i try to a third into the mix it just wont connect to the network

Try taking one of the 1st ESP’s offline and try the “later” 2.
Do you still see lags?

With the same 2 ESP’s, reboot your router, problem solved or still slow?

If the errors/slowness stays with 1 ESP, probably an ESP issue (bad flash/setup?)
If the error clears as long as you have less than 3 ESP’s, it’s likely a router setup issue (insufficient DHCP pool, not enough resources?).

1 Like

FYI I have 20 ESP32 and 8 ESP8266 WLED devices on my network (Ubiquiti UniFi) and all work without a hitch.
Get a decent AP/WiFi router and you should not have any more issues (yes, some old APs and routers (mostly cheap ones) only allowed a few wireless clients (often up to 5 only)).

I also use many many devices some ethernet some wifi, various versions of ESP and no issues - battle tested at festivals!

I use these very affordable travel routers - GL-AR300M Series / Shadow - GL.iNet

I have struggled sometimes with the WLED wifi config page you see post install and find that opening the access point and doing a network scan more reliable…

I have somewhat the same setup you have with the number of devices but on a cheap $20 router , i will have few hiccups from time to time so i am thinking to upgrade but (Ubiquiti UniFi) is so pricey , do have anything under $50 :smile:

I use cheapest EdgeRouter X, several AP-AC Lite & LR, 16 port POE switch and rPI with controller.

Guess what i found ( i swear it was under my table for 1 year now ) WRT1900ACS_V2 and i checked my invoices and it was $350 vs the $20 for the one that keeps glitching ( i have noticed that most of my units was set to wifi sleep for testing the heat thing and i forgot about that ) , i just hope it is not true that wifi is harmful as i have 5 now just 1 meter away :smile: