Liveview page not functioning. Peek okay. 14.0

Hello I wanted to post here before opening a problem on github to see if anyone had any help.

I recently upgraded all of my devices to 0.14.0.
4 - Athom WLED Controllers on 0.14.0_b1 upgraded to 0.14.0 using the special ESP_02.bin.bz
1 - DomesticAutomations controller from Amazon. that I had on 0.14.0_b5 to 0.14.0 using the ESP8255.bin

I use LiveView on HomeAssistant to monitor status of my 5 WLED Controllers and it works amazingly well. Sometimes the little Athoms like to get out of whack, and I always have HomeAssistant opened on a tablet, so it helps me correct them quickly when needed.

I noticed my little Athoms quit showing live view on the DashBoard cards as I was halfway through updating. So I attempted to view the liveview directly via browser (https://192.168.xx.xx/liveview) and am faced with darkness instead of a copy of what peek is showing. Peek works just fine.

The DomesticAutomations board is 8266, and shows the live view just fine.

Prior to updating my last controller, from 0.14.0_b1 i did I live view/screenshot, and then updated it to 0.14.0 and took a screenshot, same controller. They are attached :slight_smile:

is there anythign in a setting or accessible config that a semi smart newb can change to re-enable it/fix it? is this potentially a memory thing with the device and should spent lots of money on better? :slight_smile:

Before Left, After Right

Thanks in advance!

I do not use ESP8266 much on daily bases but i have a lot of them that i use for testing cases like yours , ESP8266 2MB ( ESP02) is the last one i would think to use as i faced slowness in ui from time to time . Now with that being said i have tested both 4MB and 2MB builds and liveview is okay for me , As said i had few issues accessing 2MB build until i serial flashed that again ( if that is an option for you if you did OTA else could be something else )

For the question if money should be spent on better HW, as I said i have no faith in ESP8266 regardless on what ever others may say as i have ton of them not used with wled for the simple reason that i value my peace of mind . For any future investment stay away from 8266 and good luck.
( i have edited the post to remove the mac address from the picture which you may also want to do )

Interesting, I’m glad it seems unique to my environment and gives me something to look at. the Bins were downloaded direct from github and no change made before and after flash.

I do have many issues small issues with the 2mb Athoms and the 8266 randomly reboots… I do plan to upgrade to DigUno/Quads at least to start. These are my first big foray into WLED… the learning experience (of what not to do :p)

Thank you for testing!

liveview.htm was modified to support working behind reverse proxy.