Need simple relay mod

I don’t know if these usermods are what I think they are (like plugins for firefox for extended functionality) but I could use a simple ON/OFF switch on the WLED frontend for 1 or more relays.

I installing the LED strip next to a regular 230V top ceiling light and I would like to control both from the WLED frontend.

Did anyone do something like this before?

In Arduino IDE it’s an easy job but I wouldn’t get into the WLEDs source code trying to figure it out how to modify it…

Thanks

There is a new usermod for this now in the @blazoncek branch.

Serge usually has recent bins so you can just download them.

As of right now relay mod is very impressive :wink:

1 Like

Idk there is some problem with the

WLED_wemos_shield/v0.13.0-b4/esp8266_multirelay.bin

esptool.py v2.8
Serial port /dev/ttyUSB0
Connecting....
Detecting chip type... ESP8266
Chip is ESP8266EX
Features: WiFi
Crystal is 26MHz
Uploading stub...
Running stub...
Stub running...
Configuring flash size...
Auto-detected Flash size: 4MB
Warning: Image file at 0x0 doesn't look like an image file, so not changing any flash settings.
Compressed 133668 bytes to 27351...
Wrote 133668 bytes (27351 compressed) at 0x00000000 in 2.4 seconds (effective 446.3 kbit/s)...
Hash of data verified.

Leaving...
Hard resetting via RTS pin...

After that it does nothing no AP, does not connect, I tried factory reset before as well. Original WLED image reflashing works any time.

Also if I get this mod working will that add a turn on relay button to the phoneapp as well or only the webpage accessible through the browser??

Re-download, perhaps you have a corrupted file, or build yourself using VSC+PIO.

@srg74 I uploaded the multirelay bin found in the link that @tonyno referenced above. I set the relay0 pin in the usermod section of the wled interface and also set a relay0 physical button pin, this is all good but is there no digital button on the WLED interface to toggle the new relays? My use case is I have leds on a drone that work great but I want to have a bright white headlight that I can toggle on and off wirelessly with the same controller, I was hoping this usermod would be my solution to use either a relay or a mosfet to toggle a separate led but if there’s not digital button…

There is a GUI button if you check “external button” and it will appear at “info” menu.

Click on the info button in the main screen. :grin:

Uhm button for what?
Maybe I misunderstand what this mod is supposed to do, if I mark the external it will just show number of relays 1 plain text on the info page thats all.

What I would’ve need is an easy turn on and off for 1 relay separately from the whole WLED functionality like with a big ON/OFF button what you have in the Android WLED app where you add the nodes.

I just decided to do this setup with an Arduino + INFRA receiver its just way more practical to turn on my light then find and unlock my phone, start the app …

relay has to be marked external in usermod settings and a button has to be selected (for HW button support).
unfortunately there will not be a big red button in wled UI since this is a usermod
you will get a button for each relay in Info dialogue once relay is marked external.