New project

Hi there,

I’m planning to install a LED strip around my ceiling. My builder laid 5 core 0.75mm cable every 5m of my ceiling perimeter roughly (20m)

I also have a nieche above my dining table where i would like to install leds (6m). Also got 0.75mm cable lad to that point.

All of the cables run back to my tv unit where i would put all the power supply.

Im not sure if the cable which was put there is correct, or if not can it be still used, also would you be able to recommend if 5v leds would be sufficient or if 12v or 24v would be required.

Any recomendation of plan how to tackle this would be much appreciated.

None are required. :slight_smile: The higher the voltage, the less injection you need. 5V is usually every 2-3m. You also need to consider current supply as strips can only pass 3-4A from one end to the other.

Please have a look at the attached scheme.
Mentioned 0.75mm 5 core cable is already installed and I wont be able to change it.
I`m thinking to have it on 2 separate transformers

1. Living Room
    Transformer with the ESP32 Wled controller → 12v Led strip for example ws2815, with power injection every 5 meters.

2. Dining Room
    Transformer with the ESP 32 Wled controller → 12v led strip ws2815.

3. Will it work that way? If the Led strip can only pass 3-4A then is there a chance to have multiple transformers connected to one power supply with one Wled controlling the whole 20m Loop.

4. What power supply i would need for each loop?

5. Would i need to power inject the dining room loop as well? 6m

6. If the ESP32 require 5v how to connect that to 12v transformer?

7. Can i connect led strips and create loop? Would that affect the number of power injections?

As you can tell I`m an amateur and i don’t know much about this stuff.

Is here anyone who could help me?
Do you guys think its possible?