Northligth LED String Light with colours and effect

I bought this crappy LED string from Clas Olsson in Sweden. The controller is reacting to my Nexa 433.92 remote and is impossible to control using RFXTRX. I want to cut the controller open and connect the light to WLED instead.

Anyone who knows if its possible?

https://www.clasohlson.com/se/Ljusslinga-färger-och-effekter,-Northlight/p/36-8069

/Tomas

Hi ,

Are you trying to hack the controller or reuse the LEDs with your own ESP ?

My Swedish is little rusty so I could not tell the specs of leds or controller from the link you sent .

Looks like there may only be 2 wires from the controller to the string and then it expands to 3 after the 1st LED.
If that’s the case, then WLED won’t be able to help.
Those types of strings put alternating LED’s “back-to-back” in opposite polarities and alternate ±ve and -ve across the 2 wires.
Effectively nothing is ever on continuously and the rate of PWM and alternating + & - determines what’s “on”.

Dnt give up yet . I have seen somewhere that you might be able to adjust the frequency of RF controllers but I am not having any to test at least this way hopefully you can stop the interference . I think it was on RC cars forum but not really sure

Yes. WLED on ESP. There is no information anywhere about the controller.

Yes. 2 wires from controller to first LED end then expands to 3. So that’s how its working? Makes sense.
I thought the LED’s was addressable because of the advanced patterns when just a few leds was on…
Thanks. WLED is not the way to go.