Pca9685

I just compiled my first USERMOD’d WLED. I was curious about using an ESP32 for servo controls via PWM outputs. But I never noticed the SDA/SCL options and now I’m curious, could I add a PCA9685 for multiple controls? Has anyone tried this and if so, can you point me in the right direction on modifying my override.ino. Basically, trying to do an animatronic pirate with multiple servos and relays, all sync’d in xlights. I have a couple of characters set up with FPP on Raspberry Zeros, but of course Zeros are less abundant, so I’d like switch to ESP32s. Any advice?

I have tested pwm_outputs usrmod with 6 servos only and there was a request for PCA9685 but seems dead Support external PWM controllers as PCA9685 · Issue #2073 · Aircoookie/WLED · GitHub

Honestly, 6 servos sounds like more than enough for the simple 3axis head and jaw movements I’m doing. I guess I was wondering about the PCA9685 for multiple characters at one time. Of course, the nice thing about using esp32s, I have tons to scatter around, lol. I am curiouse though, when you control the servos, were you just using JSON or presets, or where you able to incorporate into xLights? I got my jaw moving via a simple preset, but I cant seem to figure out the port or whatever to sync with my test show. I matched the same layout, port, channel, etc. That I used for my Pis, but maybe I need to use a differnt channel, or port, so as to not mix the LED channel? Obviously I have but a vague idea of what I’m saying here, lol

I have used the api and also presets with servos ,we did not really think about the use case to control it in xlights . All our testing with wled we have not used any APIs from xlights but mostly from node red , HA , berry and few others but I will test that for sure not specifically for servos but just to use the API might be for 1D-2D switching of wled and other things that could be useful for animation