Hey all! I’m not doing anything new here, just another cabinet LED strip install. I just wanted to get some other eyeballs on my hardware layout and selections before I pull the trigger.
I can clarify as needed, unfortunately being a new user I’m limited on providing links and additional images. I’ll do my best to supply.
- The power supplies I plan on getting have 2 different +/- 5v terminals. On the Main Cabinets, could I run both the power injection 5v line and the primary 5v line closest to the PSU from the same +/- terminal? My intuition was yes, but wanted to double check
- My understanding is that for v5 LED strips, typically you want power injection for a full 5m strip on both ends, my assumption is that means I can get away without power injection on anything short of 2.5m, or will I still see color issues?
Power Supply Main Cabinets: BTF-Lighting 5v 30A 150W
Power Supply Cup Cabinet: BTF-Lighting 5v 8A 40W
Controller (x2): Athom WiFi Smart High Power RGBW LED Lighting Strip Controller
LED Strips: BTF-Lighting SK6812 Natural White 60 IP30
Wire: 14 gauge for running 5v/data (very unsure here, used the calculations and table at flexfireleds website)
Channels: Shape Spotless Silver Aluminum Channel System with 60° Curved Thicker Milky White Neon Effect Cover Diffuser
Couldn’t include due to new user limit.
- There is a 1" overhang underneath all the cabinets
- There is a ridge that’s created by the tops of all the cabinets I could potentially put the channel/leds on to avoid having to wire over the cabinet segments, I’ve gone with that length in my calculations since it’s the longer of the 2 options.
- I’m paying an electrician to put an outlet above each of the 2 cabinet sections so I only need to run the low voltage wires.
Power Requirements 18 Watts per Meter for SK6812 LED Strip
|Area||Length Inches||Length Meters||Wattage||Wattage + 20%|
|Main Cupboards Top||126.5"||3.2131m||57.8358||69.40296|
|Main Cupboards Bottom||85.5"||2.1717m||39.0906||46.90872|