Segments that overlap?

I’d like to setup some segments that overlap for use with different presets. Is this possible? For example, I want to have 1 segment with led’s 1-5, another with 10-15 and then a third with 1-15. It doesn’t seem to let me do this when i try to create a segment that has other segments already included. Even if i have the other ones powered off. Is there a way around this? Thanks! This may be a very basic question but I’m new to the whole lighting thing.

Did I understand correctly that you want to set up multiple segments that overlap to control different lighting effects? For example, you want to have one segment with LEDs 1-5, another with LEDs 10-15, and a third with LEDs 1-15.

What specific effects do you want to overlap? Not all effects work well when overlapped, and using more than two overlapping effects may not produce the desired results.

It is possible that overlapping segments can cause disruptions when one segment is deactivated or turned off

Possible but not recommended, unless you know what you are doing.
Not everything will play nicely with overlapping segments.

1 Like

Yes, I don’t want to use them at the same time. For example, I have a section that is LED’s 10-35. Sometimes I want them all behaving as one unit with one effect. And other times I’d like to section them up and have certain parts highlight different things. If I have a segment that includes LED’s 10-35, once I add segments that have led’s 10-18, 18-22, 22-35, even if i keep these segments powered off, I can no longer use my first segment that includes 10-35. I will just select that segment and have everything else powered off, but i can’t control anything anymore. Hope that makes sense…

Segments are saved in presets. No need to turn them on and off in different presets (for the use case of not using them at all).

You could set your segments up for whatever effect you want to happen, save the preset. Recreate your segments for another effect and save it’s preset. When you load each preset the segments will change accordingly.

1 Like

got it! thanks, it’s working as i want it to now.

2 Likes