Strange LED behavior when "hacking" 24v Lumary Under Eave RGBWW Lights

Hello all, I picked up some Lumary under eave LED strings in hopes of doing some fence lighting with them. Unfortunately, they don’t advertise well that their longer runs of LEDs must be controlled in groups of three. Well, I’ve got a little experience converting some LEDs to WLED or using them with an ESPixel stick and xLights so I got an ESP32 board (GPIO16 for data), a level shifter, buck converter, common ground, and the original 24v power supply all wired up, and voila, I have individual control of all LEDs when set to SK6812/WS2811 RGBW with RGB color order. But when I went to test an effect, the problems started. The LEDs don’t mind solid colors, but changing quickly induces instability, and the LEDs flicker, changing quickly between two colors, specifically green to blue and blue to green in my testing - changing to red doesn’t seem to have a problem. Also, adjusting the warm white slider brings up the warm white chip but also increases the brightness of the red, green, and blue chips, with red being the most noticeable lol I’m officially in over my head. I’m open to all suggestions. Are there WLED settings I should toggle? Is this a different chip altogether?

This is a slight update: if I tell WLED that the string is 200 LEDs long instead of the true 39, a lot of the flickering issues go away. Not all, but transitioning from red to green to blue doesn’t induce instability. Also, the warm white channel seems only to change warm white now and not affect brightness, but overall brightness seems reduced. Effects still cause some instability. More testing is ongoing…