Suggestions for control in auto

So I’ve got some projects in mind with an automotive application. Any suggestions on a control system?

I’d really not rather have to use a phone and I wouldn’t like to have to have a remote. I was thinking maybe make a panel and mount the controller button in it but then how would the user get feedback as to what sequence was running? I thought maybe there could be a few pixels in the panel for feedback but how to get one to illuminate separate from a sequence. Maybe with a segment of 1?

Anyway, just looking for suggestions here.
Thanks in advance.

Definitely 12V strip(s). Definitely something like a QuinLED DigUno / DigQuad. Consider one or more usermods to add a OLED screen to solve the feedback portion of the problem. Consider adding a pushbutton (several suggested PBs have been mentioned in these discourse posts). On the OLED screen, maybe even add a “help” screen to display pushbutton options, like single press, double-press, long press, and what they do.

You can also get an old wifi capable device, smartphone, tablet, or “wifi gadget” that you can configure to automatically join WLED-AP when it appears, and give you a user interface.