Unable to connect to Wifi

Newbie to WLED here, with very limited Wifi/router knowledge.

I’ve downloaded the WLED app for ios onto iphone and followed the various tutorial videos online. Flash of NodeMCU/ESP8266 and hookup of power source/LEDs work fine, I can control the lights through their own AP, but WLED app doesn’t recognize any lights. (I only have one set going). It seems like the ESP8266 isn’t connecting to my SSID.

Is there WPA/WEP issue (linksys smart wifi)? Is this an ios issue (any settings I should mess with?)? Issue with my SSID name (K-'s Wifi-emporium)?

Please assume I know nothing!

Thanks!

If your wifi has both 2.4 & 5 GHz options, do not configure them with the same SSID (if the option exists in your router).
If you have both 2.4 & 5GHz options with separate SSID’s, connect to the 2.4GHz SSID on your iPhone or PC that you wish to connect to the WLED install. It may not be required, but some routers do not route the auto-discovery between the 2 WiFi SSIDs.

Thanks! I ended up renaming my Wifi network to something simple (no special characters, no spaces, etc) and it worked like a charm! No to get all the lights mounted on my house!

Oh yeah, I think WLED does not like SSIDs with spaces, and certain special characters. It’s been covered by @Aircookie before when people were having connection problems.