Wall switch

is it posible to make a wall mounted switch for the wleds somehow because i want to have the on/off control of my led strip without the need of a device. what i have thought is to programe philips hue dimmer to react with hassio and hasiio send the commands to the led strip is something like that posible ?

for more explenation i dont want to cut the 5v terminal and connect it to a switch all i want i something like a 3way switch between a physical switch and the ui virtual on/off button

moreover is the sk6812 rgbw compatible with wled?

Hi!
Yes, using a Philips hue dimmer is certainly possible, but you can use any button that can interface to hassio or send an HTTP request to WLED directly. There are multiple ESP8266 firmwares that could do that - Tasmota, ESPeasy, ESPhome, should all be able to do that. Or just another WLED flashed ESP with a button connected to gpio0 that syncs to the others with WLED UDP sync :slight_smile:

SK6812 rgbw is compatible! Using it myself. Don’t forget to enable the RGBW checkbox in LED settings!

So because im new to the whole thing im scared to mess up with tasmota and things like that because at the time im dont have the knowledge to do it so i would go with the philips hue dimmer or with the last option with the second esp so i have some questions for the last method. If i connect a button to gpio0 and gnd on the same esp that controlls the strip i would be able to turn on-off the led strip via the button ?

moreover because as i told you im new to this do you have any idea on how to make the hue dimmer interract wuth hassio or should i search and turn to a hassio forum ?

thank you verry much for your help

Yes of course, that is the easiest option by far!

afaik, the Hue dimmer can only control hue lamps directly and then hassio has to query the hue bridge for the state of that hue bulb (at least that is how the built-in Hue sync of WLED works - which could also be an option for you). But I’m not really an expert with it, so I would try to google a bit if someone has done it before and if not ask a question in a hassio forum :slight_smile:

thanks again :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

as you can tell this comunity and generally you and wled gave me solutions and with your help i can save a lot of money. I have a last easy to anweser question what type of button/switch i need to use momentary or toggle?

A normally open (not connecting) pushbutton between gpio0 and ground :slight_smile: so momentary

1 Like

i short the gpio0 and gnd and it worked perfect but i notice something i dont know if thats a bug but if you short and hold the gpi0 and gnd pins the color at the preview changes but if you just give it a flick turns on and off as supposed

Good to hear! Yes, that is correct, a long press will change the color to a random one by default.

It’s not a bug.
You can add 3 different actions (Macros) for pressing the button.
Go to Config > Time & Macros:

1 Like