Weird led problem (works as long as connected after boot)

So I just made my first led project which is a fan for festivals and I can’t seem this one out.

If I connect my leds after WLED boot, they seem to work perfectly, effects work great, but I have a really weird problem where when I press solid I still keep an effect going on???

Then when I try and boot wled on my wemos d1 mini it won’t boot and a few random leds here and there go on for some reason.

I’m using ws2812b strips, powered through the 5v from the esp8266 and using a logic level shifter for the digital line.

Can anyone give me some tips on what this could be? I now also notice a few beginning and end leds dont work, is that quite common when you solder on them, I can imagine they dont like that heat so much?

Do not power your leds from the MCU pins and try to follow the guide here Getting Started - WLED Project

Thanks ALDIY but it’s not all too helpful unfortunately, this is a wearable device so I have no other option then using the wiring from the 5v
Vcc port, I used a 3.3v to 5v level shifter for the data line. The only thing I can think of still is adding some resistors. I also tried wiring to a different port that can not cause booting problems (tried gpio2 - high on boot, and gpio 4)

From your link I can see I wired my button wrong so will fix that. Hopefully anyone else can provide guidance on what I did wrong for a wearable project and thus no other option then using usb power.

I tried with a 330ohm resistor on the data line, no change, only the 5v line when connected is when it does not boot

Actually what you said that it is wearable does not mean you can not follow the KB , your PSU is this case is your batteries which its details you did not share . That is one best practice to follow may or may not help . If you need to get meaningful help then try to provide meaning details like a drawing or pictures of how did you wire that

You have to add pull up resistor 10kOhm to your LED out pin.