WLED Ambilight/Hyperion

Take a look at this…
https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?t=12551

A Chromecast with Google TV is $50…

I have hyperion setup native on RPI4 and want to move to docker install. What docker install did you use and tips on docker install would be appreciated?

Here you go…simply replace /path/to/config to where you want your config to be. Mine is in /home/me/docker/hyperion for example.

docker run -d --name=Hyperion \
-v /path/to/config:/root/.hyperion \
-p 19445:19445 \
-p 19444:19444 \
-p 8090:8090 \
sirfragalot/hyperion.ng:2.0.0-alpha.9-x86_64

1 Like

Can you please share the steps for Android screen grabber for Hyperion server installed on raspberry Pi 4
With leds connected to Wled( esp8266).

I have tried but in Hyperion webpage under screen capture settings … After selecting checkbox it shows no devices discovered…

Seems like a job for ESP32-CAM - just set it up and point it at the TV. Let it capture the screen, set some sample areas around the edge of the screen and set those sampled colours to the WLED controlller over the wifi.

Can we run it on Android tv ?
by @damien Yes, i am now running it from the Chromecast with Google TV device… A few differences though, you will need to install the Android Hyperion Grabber from the play store, and will need Hyperion NG running somewhere. Grabber does the screengrab, sends it to Hyperion, who sends it to WLED. A bit more complex, but doable!! @damien

Hyperion is so slow compared to Luciferin.
Hyperion is ok if you use it on a TV, if you use it on a PC for gaming does not worth it.

Luciferin is way way better, it’s way faster than Hyperion, much more responsive, it has more features, and consumes less resources on both CPU/GPU.

I really hope that WLED will support Luciferin one day.

I don’t want to leave WLED, but ambilight is the only reason why I use it :frowning:

@rvatok how could you install the Android Hyperion Grabber in the Chromecast with Google TV?

this project could help? WASmars/ESP32CAM-OV7725-TFT-ambilight: camera based TV ambilight (github.com)