WLED and Govee h6159

I recently got my first ESP board, installed WLED, and hooked up my WS2812 lights. It was love at first install. I also happen to have a 5M strip of Govee h6159 lights.

I was wondering if is it possible to configure them with WLED? I don’t like the Govee App and the API is finicky.

The lights have 4 contacts; 12V, R, G, and B. For the life of me, I can’t find any info on what kind of IC type they are using and how to possibly configure them with WLED.

Link to the lights I have: https://amzn.eu/d/bkxZ7A5

Any ideas?

Looks like pretty standard analog LEDs.
These are not addressable like the WS281x types.
Whatever colour/brightness you pick applies to the whole strip - it’s effectively 1 LED as far as WLED is concerned.

Oh okay, thanks for explaining!

I don’t necessarily need them to be addressable, my main point is to free them from the Govee app. The lights will be used as a underglow for a shelf, so them being one color is fine.

How would one go about setting them up with WLED? I assume I need to assign 3 GPIO pins for each of channels . That’s about all I know at this point…

Any advice?

Take a look in the KB Getting started there’s a basic description of using a MOSFET for each channel of analog LEDs. In WLED, you just pick PWM RGB as the LED type and chose the GPIOs you want to use.

Okay, thanks!

Apologies for ressurecting this thread. But I’m having the same issue with this light strip. I’m clueless on how to connect the power and ground lines with this set up.

As mentioned last time, check out the KB for analog LEDs (look back 2 posts in this thread).

For analog LEDs you V+ is common for all the channels and you use a separate GPIO for each of the R, G, and B connections via a MOSFET to handle the current.

1 Like