WLED offline on every boot

Hi Guys
First time asking for help.
I have multiple ESP32s around the home and all work well except 1. The one at the front of my house run permanent addressable LEDS. It is on a meross smart outlet that turns it on at 6pm. The lights come on but WLED says its offline. After numerous log ins to all 3 off my networks ie wifi and 2.4g I seem to be able to log in. Just seems odd that the others work as they should. I have even tried swapping the esp32 out to a new one and this has the same issue after it powers off and back on the following day.
Cheers MArk

WiFi reception problems. Had this as well.

So an update of sorts. When the ESP is powered on, i need to discover lights every time they power on. Even though i can see the previous setup in WLED but cant connect to it. This ends up leaving me to reconfigure channels and LED numbers on the newly discovered lights.

You are not making any sense. Are you talking about mobile app or WLED functioning?

WLED app is a separate thing an it is “discovering” WLED devices (ESPs). It has nothing to do with WLED functionality.

WLED device (an ESP) will store configuration to a flash based file system. If the configuration does not persist during power cycle or reboot you may have incorrectly flashed your device. If you are talking about “segments” they need to be saved into a “preset”. Unless you do that they do not persist across device reboots/power cycles.

1 Like

Sorry, ill explain a bit better. I have multiple ESP32’s all flashed the same and have been working well for ages. The power supply running the esp32 is on a timer switch which turns on at 6pm. At 6pm every night the power turns on and powers the esp. The light all come on a single colour. I then try to control the esp using wled app as it is on the front screen but I cant connect to it. If i run discover lights in Wled the esp in question become discoverable and i can control the lights and settings as per usual. The next day i have to do the same thing all over.
Each time it discovers it is a different ip address. Would making it a static ip address make it any better when I havent had to do this on all other projects

Yeah, DHCP reservation in router/static IP would help.

It would be nice if the app could use hostname as reference instead of IP.

1 Like

You are talking about the app. :roll_eyes:

Use WLED native, it updates IP addresses automatically.
Or create DHCP reservations on your router.