WLED Ranking Tower ... possible?

Hello all,
I would like to implement a small project with WLED, but I am still a bit overwhelmed by all the possibilities. I would like to build a LED tower which displays a ranking. The more LED’s in the LED Stripe light up, the higher the ranking. The ranking can be increased by pressing a button.

The stripe and the button should be connected to an ESP32. But how do I implement the counting up of the LED’s the easiest way ? Let’s assume the LED stripe has 100 LED’s, I have to generate 100 presets and with each button press the preset is switched where one LED is lit more than in the previous preset ?? (Arrived at 100 it must not start again from the beginning).

Can I implement this with the WLED standard at all ?

thx!

Try the Percent effect and a preset that increments the value (&IX=~).

2 Likes

Very interesting and might be can be tweaked . When i tested on one unit with IX=~ , it will change 5 leds at time and on another unit it will change 2 led then 3 leds . I do not have strip but tested on matrix in 1D .
If that would work then it is very good for status bar . good eye , it will work if the segment is 100 leds , very good , we can work with that

great, that already works almost as I had imagined. My problem now is that the Effect Intensity does not stop at 100%, but after the 100% the LED’s turn off again. Can I prevent this ?
thx!

does anyone have an idea how I can set the Percent effect to a maximum of 100% ?
By default the effect has a range of 0-255.

I want to switch on the LED’s one after the other (up to 100%) and then “hold” this value.

thx

This playlist will switch one by one and will stop at 100% and will hold the value so all will be solid
Else test to just add a solid preset at the end of your playlist .

If you want to dig for the setting if Percent effect to a maximum of 100 then save two presets one on 0 and the other on 100% and compare both . but Percent on 100% is just solid

thanks for this.
My goal is that after each click on the button one more LED lights up and stops when all LEDs in the segment are on (= 100%).

The playlist stops at 100, but runs under one time through from 1-100 and not at each click one LED more. Or have I not understood something ?

So far I can’t manage to stop the effect at 100% and keep the value. Even if I generate a preset for each LED and iterate through them (&PL=~&P1=2&P2=30) it starts again from the beginning. Can I only do this with a custom written usermod ?

Might be different if clicking is involved I was actually surprised we got this far with wled built in effect so usermod might be the right thing if advanced control is needed as in the cases when you do not have exactly 100 leds this will not produce a good result