Wled SR Sync

Pulling my hair out here and hoping it something simple. I have 3 light tubes and am trying to sync them all to music.

I have wled sr13.3 installed on a strip of ws2812.

The sound reactive works great on this strip.

I have SR light, light 1 and light 2 that I would like to sync.

I tried going to led preference for SRlight and changing to ddp RGB network. I then tried plugging in it’s own IP address. (Assuming this is the number under the light name on the homepage of the app).

Nothing happens. I have tried every combination of switching the other lights to ddp as well. The only thing that does anything is if I plug light one IP into the SRlight, then the effects shift to light one. Nothing is displayed on the SRlight that actually has the mic.

Any advice? Thanks

When you setup DDP from the master you will be able to control the slaves as if they are part of master segments so all your lights will act as one , that will work as in this example

If you want to do only Audio sync for multiple lights then there is a better way of doing that . First update to 14 with audio usermod from here WLED installation (wled-install.github.io) and then under the master ( that has the mic ) setup audio sync to send
and under the other units setup the Sync to receive

After doing that you are done . If any of your other light is set to audio effect then it will pickup the audio and will sync to the master audio

Thank you so much, I can’t believe I missed that. Of course headed on vacation for a week. I’m have to try it out when I get home.

Ddp seems like it would be useful for other applications so I appreciate the info on that.

By chance do you know if there are any threads discussing different microphone types? Mine seems to produce pretty good results, but I was just wondering if there was a significant difference between all the types. I am currently using a MAX4466.

actually scratch that, I think I found my answer.

Thanks again for the help

You are welcome, all mics should work but if you do not want to waste your time then just do not use max4466 as it will work only part of the time or will have a lot of noise . Use digital mic or max9814

Hey Aldiy,

I set everything up how you mentioned and it works really well. Thank you for the input.

I did notice that they are not perfectly synced up at times.i am wondering if there are any settings that I can tweak to get them to sync perfectly?

I have 6 lights with 120 ws2812s each powered by their own esp32.

There is no setting from wled side that would improve the lag if any on wifi , what could improve it is the general network best practices , if you setup a separate network for you lights then it might help but with multiple lights you might still notice a lag . Test with apps like ledfx to compare but i did get a better sync( or at least i think i did ) once i added a new router

Got ya, thank you. I’ve been meaning to try ledfx out.

Network terminology an know how isn’t something I am super familiar with yet. But I do have the Google wifi mesh and above 500 md download.

So like you mentioned a better router or it’s own separate router would be preferred.

Also just curious, these lights are portable and I’ll bring them on the go with me sometimes. I tried running them off a smartphones hotspot, but they didn’t want to seem to connect (2 phones, one for hotspot and one for control)

I also have a small travel router with ssn and password that are the same as my home network but that didn’t work either.

Ultimately, I just connected to each light individually, and changed their wifi to the WiFi of the house which worked.

For wled to function it doesn’t necessarily need access to the internet right? Just a wifi signal?

Also when you connect directly to an esp32 via wifi… is that called AP mode?

What i have seen in my limited testing is that separate router ( even a cheap one ) could be better but for sure it will not harm if you use a good router but with a separate network . Some high end routers may restrict traffic due to security which i faced with apple time capsule .
And yes when you connect to esp32 directly that would be AP mode and you do not need access to internet .One thing that i seen others mentioned ( i did not personally test as i have no access to that ) is that Ethernet might be faster