WLED watchdog?

WLED (on NodeMCU v3) is not reachable via Wifi after some time of being unused and needs to be power-cycled.

Is that a known problem? Software problem or Hardware problem?

Does the NodeMCU include a watchdog functionality? Could that be used in WLED?

possible solution one: move your esp device closer to an AP
possible solution two: If you dont use alexa emulates device uncheck it from the settings as well as wifi sleep or something like that that you can find it on the bottom of wifi settings

I had kind of the same problem and all of those helped me but I cant tell for sure that is going to help you too. If the problem remains what for aircookie to reply or send him a p.m.

Hi! Could you try if this binary helps? The watchdog is only for resetting the board if the software stalls. The ESP becoming unreachable is a different problem which other users have too. I’m potentially looking into sending gratuitous ARP or Pings to workaround this problem. If you compile from source, you could try this usermod :slight_smile:

Is it a firmware for 4MB flash? (NodeMCU v3 here)
Can I flash it OTA?

If both yes, I will give it a shot and keep you in the loop.

BTW; Tasmota should have the same problem, but it does not? How did They solve it? What I can say is that Tasmota does query NTP servers a lot more often than other machines I have, that would have the same curative effect…

Both yes :slight_smile:

Tasmota has implemented Gratuitous ARP, and it helped some users. Might do the same if there is need for it (say, if the binary doesn’t fix it for you)

OK great, I installed it and will let you know.

1 Like

So far it looks good.