WLED's on my boat

First, not only am I new here, but I am also new to WLED. I bought some WSP32’s, got the WLED software installed everything is good. What I want to do, is edit the code in a manner that I can still use WLED, but when I turn the navigation light switch on, the LEDs turn green on one side, and red on the other with white at the very back. Also, I have two other switches for docking, (port & starboard) which would turn the side needed all to white. One last switch called anchor lights, I am not sure what they do yet. Because I am new to coding, I’d rather let a more competent coder to send me the code I can copy, and how to load it into the WSP32. I sure do thank you in advance!

Shouldn’t need any custom code.
The concept is to use presets.
You set the lights to the effect you want (Red & Green, or White, or docking etc.) then you click on add preset and save that setting under a name you want.
That way when the preset is triggered, the lights change to what you want.

There’s a config option to have a “button” or switch connected to an ESP32 GPIO trigger a preset.
That way your switch can give you the preset you want.
Check out the KB :buttons

Awesome! I can’t wait to try it out!

I checked out the switch settings, it only allows two inputs only. I will need to do some code with if statements and pin number acknowledgements.

What version of WLED are you running and on what board?
Version 0.14.0 on an ESP32 gives me 4 button inputs.

If you need more than 4 buttons you can create a custom bin here: https://wled-compile.github.io/

I cant use buttons I have to use swiches unless I up grade. But the buttons need to be waterproof. WLED has room for 2 switches only. I need 4. I was thinking about adding some code to the current WLED code.

You can use switches as it also said in the KB that divsys linked to. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

• switches (be careful with selection of GPIO for switch since some GPIOs will prevent successful boot of ESP if held LOW or HIGH at boot)

For switch type buttons you can assign only 2 presets, one for transition of switch from LOW to HIGH and second for the opposite transition from HIGH to LOW.

buttons

If you want more than 4 buttons, from the compile site I linked to: