I can’t find any useful tutorial, to bring WLED on the WT32-ETH01 Chip. I played around a couple hours and finally did it Maybe this tutorial will Help someone…
- USB → TTL Flasher
- WLED BIN for the ESP32 (from WLED Github)
- Bootloader BIN for ESP32 (from WLED Github)
- CH430G Driver (for the USB->TTL Device) DOWNLOAD
- ESP Download Tool 3.8.5 DOWNLOAD
1. Connect your USB->TTL Flasher with your WT32-ETH01 (yes, RX and TX is crossed!!!)
USB->TTL //// WT32-ETH01
GND ------> GND
TX ------> RX0 (not RXD)
RX ------> TX0 (not RXD)
5V ------> 5V
Then only on the WT32-ETH01:
Connect the Pin “IO0” (next to RX0) and “GND” (next to IO0) together.
And only on the USB->TTL Flasher:*
Set the “Jumper” to S1 and 5V and not S1 and 3.3V
2. Connect the flasher to your PC, and install the CH430G Driver. Then Reboot your Machine.
3. Start the ESP Download Tool…
Choose “Dev Mode” and “ESP32”
Now you load the Bootloader BIN File and enter @ “0x0”
Then you load the WLED BIN File and enter @ 0x10000
Then you choose “DOUT” and set the COM Port of your USB->TTL Device (you can see it under the “Device Manager” of Windows). My Port was “COM 4”.
The “Detected Info” stays blank… even when it is connected… don’t worry!
4. Lets flash…
Hit the “Start” Button and when nothing happens, do the following:
- Unplug the 5V Wire and replug it after a second…
The “Detected Info” get filled and the flashing Progress start!
5. After the Flashing Progress, you are ready to go
Disconnect all wires from the WT32-ETH01… Connect it to you 3.3V or 5V Power input… Connect via WiFi and you can use WiFi or LAN. But don’t forget to enable LAN Connection first in WLED
Config → Wifi Setup → At the Bottom Choose “ETH01”. Then everything is working!
Thank you Aircookie for the N1ce Cookie