X-Lights help

OK, so this is a bit off topic, but I’ve been waiting more than two weeks to get the Mod’s on the XLights forum to approve me. I’m hoping someone can help. My problem is FPP Connect is not updating the universes and channels in the FPP Player so I have to do it manually. I have carefully checked all my model configs and believe they are correct. I have 5 controllers all using DigUno or DigQuads. In WLED everything works fine* (see below). In Falcon Player my arches controller is fine, but the next controller (House 2) is bonkers. Pixels light up but not in the correct place, so the Channels and or Universes are incorrect. This is where I am STUMPED. I have entered everything in the XLights controller page exactly into Falcon Players Channel Outputs page, but it still isn’t correct. I don’t know what I’m missing. I have tried using DDP, E1.31, the test page in Falcon Player and just can’t seem to get my House lighting correct. I’ve attached a screenshot of the XLights controllers alongside the FPP outputs page.

I’m willing to share a more in depth review of my set up if someone here has experience with XLights on DigUno/Quad controllers using Falcon as the player.

** Until today I was working with only the first two controllers (Arches and House 2) and while Arches worked, House 2 has been a bugger. Today the remaining 3 controllers arrived and they are configured but not connected to any props yet. I REALLY need to get the House 2 issues worked out. House 2 runs the 4 roof lines (poly lines in XL), not a pre defined prop.

I’m starting to get worried that I won’t get this figured out before next weekend. That’s the day we usually put up our lights and I have really pushed the budget for all this stuff and don’t want to disappoint my other half.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Are you using FPP connect in xlights? If not I suggest giving it a try.

In xLights, Click Tools, FPP Connect.
From there you can check any sequences you want to send to your instance of FPP and also make sure you have Models and UDP set to ALL.

See if that fixes your problem. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah, that was what I was saying doesn’t work. If I start with a fresh install of FPP and run FPP Connect, XLights will upload the FSEQ, media and images but NOT the channels/universe config. That has to be entered manually. :frowning:
** Initially installed the latest version of FPP, but had to roll back to 6.3 because FPP Connect would generate errors. I saw other users were having the same issue and the rollback helped. Also, I’m on a Mac and almost every video I’ve watched was on a PC if that matters.

Hmm. I don’t know sorry :frowning: I’m on pc and with FPP 6.3 and xLights 2023.11 it is working for me. Not sure what version of xLights you are running but you may want to roll it back a bit and see if it will upload correctly.

Have you tried asking in the Official xLights Face Book Support Group?

Other option would be to hop in the zoom room and I am sure they would get you taken care of.