Xiao-esp32-c3

Has anyone experience using these tiny boards? They have an external antenna connector, and Wi-Fi connectivity is an issue where I will be using them.

Hi
I have the same controller and some questrions.
when i want to install the Bootloader from the Wled Page
https://kno.wled.ge/basics/install-binary/
I have a error “A fatal error occurred: Invalid head of packet (0x47)”

esptool.py --port /dev/ttyACM0 --chip esp32 write_flash 0x0 ./esp32_bootloader_v4.bin
esptool.py v2.8
Serial port /dev/ttyACM0
Connecting…
Chip is ESP32D0WDQ6 (revision 0)
Features: WiFi, BT, Dual Core, Coding Scheme None
WARNING: Detected crystal freq 0.00MHz is quite different to normalized freq 26MHz. Unsupported crystal in use?
Crystal is 26MHz
MAC: 00:00:00:00:00:00
Uploading stub…
Running stub…

A fatal error occurred: Invalid head of packet (0x47)

I dont know whats wrong…
Has anyone here a solution here?
Flo

Same problem here. I ended up making a Bluetooth scanner out of my MCU. It uses very little power in that role, I suspect the memory offsets have to be adjusted in the WLED software, but I never figured out where to specify the changes.

I recompiled with the latest GIT version and it works now.

2 Likes

Hi. what are the steps to get wled to work on xiao esp32 c3?

I updated my repository to current, then compiled a binary using this in platformio.ini:

[env:esp32c3dev]

extends = esp32c3

platform = ${esp32c3.platform}

upload_protocol = espota

# exchange for your WLED IP

upload_port = “your.ip.address.update”

platform_packages = ${esp32c3.platform_packages}

framework = arduino

board = esp32-c3-devkitm-1

board_build.partitions = tools/WLED_ESP32_4MB_1MB_FS.csv

build_flags = ${common.build_flags} ${esp32c3.build_flags} #-D WLED_RELEASE_NAME=ESP32-C3

-D WLED_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT=0

; -DARDUINO_USB_CDC_ON_BOOT=1 ;; for virtual CDC USB

-DARDUINO_USB_CDC_ON_BOOT=0 ;; for serial-to-USB chip

upload_speed = 460800

build_unflags = ${common.build_unflags}

lib_deps = ${esp32c3.lib_deps}

PlatformIO (I’m using vscode) worked fine, and I flashed it through the USB the first time. After that, I put my changes (OTA) into the platformio_override.ini file. Yesterday I got a battery hooked up, and the xiao charged the battery overnight, however the device resets when I remove the 5V current from Vin. This is a minor issue at this point

The SEEED website was very helpful: https://forum.seeedstudio.com/

1 Like

The only version I can get to work on the M5 Stamp and the Xiao Seeed Module is this
WLED_0.14.0-b2_ESP32_C3.bin
unfortunately this has no audio reactive and also makes a two-part picture when multiple displays are set up instead of a full picture,
does anyone have instructions or a BIN file that would run on these two modules?

I have already tried the following versions
WLEDMM_0.14.0-b15.21_esp32c3dev_4MB_M.bin
WLEDMM_0.14.0-b15.23_esp32c3dev_4MB_M.bin

Unfortunately, these do not start even after installation, and an OTA update aborts with an error message.

would be grateful for hints

translated with Google

DEUTSCH
Die einzige Version die ich auf der M5 Stamp und dem Xiao Seeed Modul zum laufen bringe ist die
WLED_0.14.0-b2_ESP32_C3.bin
leider hat diese kein Audio Reaktiv und macht auch noch ein zwei geteiltes Bild wenn mehrere Displays eingerichtet sind, anstatt ein ganzes Bild,
hat jemand eine Anleitung oder ein BIN File welches auf diesen beiden Modulen lauffähig wäre ?

versucht habe ich bereits auch folgende Versionen
WLEDMM_0.14.0-b15.21_esp32c3dev_4MB_M.bin
WLEDMM_0.14.0-b15.23_esp32c3dev_4MB_M.bin

leider starten diese auch nach der Installation nicht, und ein OTA Update bricht mit Fehlermeldung ab.

wäre für Hinweise dankbar

1 Like

Quick note: After a few false starts, these small MCUs work very well. I compiled build 2306270 this morning and it is quite stable. Reports as Firmware: 0.14.0-b3.

1 Like