4 pin LED strip

So this is probably an old stupid question so apologies if it has been answer

I have these LED Strip Lights 1- 5m RGB 5050 Colour Changing Tape Cabinet Kitchen TV Lighting | eBay

And have configured wled to power them directly on and esp8266 and can change colours and brightness very well indeed… is there any advise on what else I should be doing and why with regards to the setup??? The strip has 11 leds and is to be used for a xmas light photo box(lithograph) thing

the lights are working and you can change color and brightness. what else should you be doing? They don’t do magic tricks or cartwheels so if you can and are using them, then that’s it. Now you complete the project and install them where you intended and do it in a safe manner so, no exposed wires, no obvious fire risks.

1 Like

Thank you for responding… I was checking to make sure I had not done something thats regarded as taboo lol…

Now for some WLED fun…

The only thing “taboo” would be to not use the lights and what I mentioned earlier with exposed wires and obvious fire hazards. You see some pretty shocking wiring jobs in these groups, no respect for electricity or fire. People got wires running all over the place, they glue a breadboard on the wall and call it a “finished project” It’s actually impressive how some people have made it to age they have.

1 Like