Adafruit Metro ESP32-S2

I recently received this development board from Adafruit as it is marketed as an ESP32 device. I thought that it would accept WLED software (install) but in it’s natural state, it doesn’t. Has anyone here had the same issues as myself? If you did, did they resolve and are you currently running WLED on this board?
Thanks in advance.
Fred Olivas

ESP32-S2 is not a good choice as of now as it is very buggy and is in very early development as far as WLED. Doing a search here will turn up several other threads on it.

As @Jinx said S2 is still in experimental state, quite buggy.
Still, if you can get it to run (and you most likely can) it will perform adequately.

You will need S2 binary, either compiling yourself (best option) or find it on @srg74 Github repository. Be aware that not all development boards are made the same and some may need more tweaking or demand a custom compile.

I’ve viewed the binary and it is rather large. What program (IDE) is required to upload into my Adafruit ESP32-S2 development board? I have and iMac computer, if this makes any difference.
Thank you.

I do not know what you consider large.
Normal ESP32 (and for all variants) binary is about 1.5MB. That’s small by my measures.

This from another topic should help you out :slight_smile:

1 Like