Alexa and on/off macros

I want to be able to clear the existing effect when invoking an alexa command. Even if I have to tell it to turn the lights off and then back on.

As it is, if an animation plays, voice commands don’t stop it. I can change brightness and color and toggle power but none of those will reset the effect.

I thought the alexa on/off macros would do that but I can’t make it happen. If I do a macro of PL=1 it won’t do anything. PL=1 does work if called from the timer. Same thing with FX=0.

I do not want to control the effects from alexa, just to be clear. I want a clean slate to override any animation.

Did you get any further on this? When I tell Alexa to change color it changes one of the colors in the preset animation running. It doesn’t clear or set the solid color. Is there a way to set something.

I did this;

{“tg”:128,“ix”:128,“pal”:0,“sel”:true,“rev”:false,“mi”:false},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0},{“stop”:0}]}

And saved it as preset 1 and made the Alexa On preset set to #1.

So when I Alexa to turn it on, it clears whatever effect is running and does solid colors only. Then I can use it by voice as usual.

Ok. Coll I’ll try that!

Ok. Tried that and getting syntax errors in custom json Api command. I tried remove the last }] and putting them at the front neither of those didn’t worked.