Athom ESP32 Music Addressable LED Strip Controller - Has anyone got this to work?

Hello,

I have an Athom WLED ESP32 Music Addressable LED Strip Controller which I’m having no joy with.

When connected to some WS2811 lights, the lights are just staying a solid colour. Changes to the colour or brightness in WLED have no effect, as if no data is being passed. I have checked the data GPIO settings and they’re correct.

The only change that can be made in WLED which the controller responds to is turning it on or off (relay).

Has anyone had similar problems with this controller?

Your pic looks like you have Data connected to what they have labeled as the clock terminal. Make sure you are connected to data1 and that the gpio is set to whatever they have used for data1

Thank you for the reply. I understand the pic looks like that, but I can confirm it’s in Data 1.

I’ve made a video showing the problem in more detail if it helps:

Hello. I think this has been solved.

It seems to have been an issue with the cable connecting into the controller / a level shift issue on the data line. When simplifying the setup and wiring the lights straight into the controller, it’s working fine.

1 Like